Friday, August 26, 2005

Personal Thoughts

Had just completed a 4 day intensive product course. It was damn exhausting. I never know being a financial adviser have to go through so much training and test. I have 3 more papers and 2 more product training to go. Had 2 papers yesterday and fail one of them.. have to retake again next friday.

During the product training, I got to know 2 cousemates. I am surprise to see how optimistic they are towards this field. Perhaps they have many friends promise to buy from them. Sometimes I really envy how supportive their friends are while I onli have a few close friends but all turn off when I approach them, thking that i want them to buy insurance from me . ok.. I understand they may not be interested and I wouldnt force them to buy. I just purly wanna market myself and what is wrong with that. I always wonder y my friends are not as supportive as the friends of my coursemates. Besides, my birthday is coming, I wonder how many of them will remember my birthday or will celebrate with me.

Anyway, during the third day of training, the trainer was trying to brainwash us by saying the market is always big enough for us to sell insurance. Well.. there is always a market for ppl like my cousemates who already have a network of friends or customers while I dun have such network. I am actually worry how am I going to hit their sales target when I dun even know where to find customers. For people like me, the beginning part of the business will be the toughest. Looking at it from another prospective, its a challenge for me. However, dream and reality is always the opposite. I wonder if I will ever make it in this industry. I thought of giving up when i realise theres still so many more training to go and not even sure after going through so much, will my effort pay off.

On the last day of the training, everyone was so relief that the hell training had ended. My coursemates were happily toking abt their future plans, goals and so on. How I wish I have goals and plans like them, however from my personal experience, I've learn a big lesson; things will never go the way i planned. So y bother planning so much. my cousemates were encouraging me not to give up this current insurance job as they say it might be my first stepping stone and even encourage me to take up other sideline jobs to get other different areas of exposure so that it helps me to be even clearer of what I really want.

However, I became very defensive when one of the coursemate was telling me its time for me to 'wake up' and not to wonder around aimlessly. Well.. he can never understand how does it feel being so clueless. Who doesnt wish to have a goal and work towards it? I know wat I want but I am not given the opportunity. Y is the society so inhumane? Y they always want people with experience and dun give people like me a chance to learn. I am frustrated with the society. Does it mean ppl with experience are always better with those non-experience? We need to start off somewhere before we can have the experience but I cant find anywhere who will appreciate my capability and give me a chance to learn.

So, are my coursemates really so lucky that they can get what they want or was it because of the broad network of friends, jobs can come easily? Or was it because they really have their so-called goals and know where to start from? Things seems to come easy for them. All the while, I always thought that success is about work the hell out of yourself, putting long hrs bounded to the desk. But if network is the reason that made them success, then it will make me more aware of the importance of broadening my social circle.

I not only learn more about insurance during the four day training, and I will definetly get myself a policy once i have some money. I finally know the importance and urgency to save up. Not onli that, I do learn many things from my coursemates as well. I have to thank my friend Justine for encouraging me not to give up and to Janice who always help me so much. Of coz to a few minority of friends who wouldnt think I cant make it.

2 comments:

lUmPy said...

frd

hang in there...we all have our problems...thats probably y we are so close ah...haha...anyway, i know what you are going thru, maybe i cant really understd but know that i will support u in whatever u do...if i have the $$ now, i will definitely buy a policy from you no becos of anything but just to encourage u... but u know me, who else is poorer than me eh?? :) do tke care n dont worry, i will never forget ur bday...though i cant be there to spend it with you, im there spiritually...enjoy whatever your bday brings and till we meet again...

Happy bday in advance (hey, im the first hor)...

luv ya

Pink Of Pop said...

gee.. thanks... u r the first to wish me birthday