Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I really regretted meeting K last night. I should have meet up with Linda instead. K and I havent met up for ages. The last time we met up was during the chinese new year. So I decided that maybe its time to catch up with each other.

Unforunately, my hp was down. Lucky I still have a cent coin left to make call to K, telling him my exact location. He made me waited for half an hour. I cant believe a guy can make a girl wait for so long. When he turn up, he seem troubled.

K : I feel so bad to leave my customer halfway.
Me : Customer? What job are you doing? I thought u r a cameraman?
K : Oh.. its some kinda job recruitment. Anyway should we go to Raffles Place to have dinner?
Me : What?!? Thought we had agreed to have dinner at City Hall. Besides, theres nothing much to eat at Raffles Place.
K : Oh come on.. Im really worry about my customer

So I gave in. So the 2 customer was on his mind all the while. I thought we are suppose to have a good time catching up with each other rather than toking about work.

He recommand that the sting ray at a particular store is fantastic. Im eager to try. When we settled down and order our dinner, his friend suddenly called saying she wanted to join in while waiting for her friend. I feel odd. Why would his friend wanted to join in just like that? I never question him. His friend, V came and she turn out to be very friendly. We chatted about our life and work. Everything goes on fine when suddenly she brought up a topic.

V : Oh.. So you used to be an insurance agent. Its a tough job and their system don't seem to work anymore. Have you heard of any MLM (Multi level marketing)

Oh no... I knew something wasnt right

Me : Ya I heard of that
V : So whats your opinion? Are your positive or negative about it?
Me : Im neutral

V : Then have you heard of SLM ( Single level marketing)
Me : No. Never

The conversation starts to revolve around this topic. Straight away, I knew the purpose of this meeting. K didnt genuine ask me out to find out more about my life but rather he had agenda in his mind. Shortly after, V left. I try to test K to see what is on his mind.

Me : So what are we going to do after the dinner?
K : I don't know. But I want to go back to my company. I don't feel at ease leaving my customer to my friend althought my friend said they are in good hands.
Me : (Disappointed)Oh... so you better go back and have a look just in case.. you know..
K : Ya. Then how about you? why don't you come to my office and have a look.
Me : (Im not that dumb to fall into your trap) No thanks besides I need to rest early.

We parted. Im feeling so shitty afterwards. I wonder if I would still wanna meet up with him again. His mind is all about his business and wanting to bring me into the business. His friend V was there for a purpose as well. The whole thing is a plot. Gosh!!

No comments: